Monday, March 31, 2008

It's a girl!

Hi all!
We got a ferret! She's adorable! At least, we think so. She's a dark sable and has a little black nose! I hope she always stays so dark. It's super cute!
We have yet to pick a name... right now she's just 'the baby' or 'the new ferret' or 'the girl' (Rocket and Garret are both boys). I'm sure I'll let you know what we name her! (Not that it really matters to the ferrets... they don't know their own names anyways!)

This is her when we opened the box. She had stretched herself out all across the box so she wouldn't slide around as much in the car! Cute!!

She was trying to decide if she dared venture forth or not!

She's so dark and adorable!

We haven't officially introduced her to the boys yet, but I did let them meet through the bars of their cages! We're not certain how its going to go... and I'm a little nervous! I don't want my two already established big ferrets to kick the crap out of my new baby ferret! So I might just put it off for a while...

So the story behind it is that we went into Petco on Friday night, just to look, 'cause I like to look at the cute baby ferrets...
And they were on sale! And they had 10 ferrets to choose from! Wahoo! We both thought they were so cute that we decided we should get one! (We've actually been thinking about it forever and finally decided to do it.)
So, we were trying to pick which ferret we would like to take home with us and one of the ladies who works there came over to help us. She got a couple ferrets out for us to play with, and we started talking about which one to get... then she says "and it really great for you, 'cause they're on sale right now! Wait... No they're not!" And she rips off the sale sticker! We were quite disappointed and upset! Then she went on to tell us to come back on Sunday, they'll be back on sale then. What? The sale price sticker was on the cage when we came in! Talk about mean! We should be able to get a ferret at that price!
We both took offense at her rudeness and left without our ferret. Then we decided that we really did want a baby ferret and we'd go back in on Monday to see if one of the ones we liked was still there.
So, I went back this afternoon to make sure they were still there... and they were! When Hal got off work we went and picked out our new friend. (Makes it sound like she's a pair of shoes or something, huh?) Isn't she just adorable?! She's so small compared to our other two!

Hello? Anyone think I'm cute out there?


Sorry to every disappointed person out there that it's not a human baby (Nickie, Lacey, ...). And I'm super sorry if ya'll didn't think my 'joke' was very funny!
(Tee hee. I did though... It turns out it was funnier in my head than in reality. Oh, well! I tried.)
:) Are we all still friends?

4 comments:

Lancaster's said...

Awww! My new ferrett niece is a cutie! I can't tell how small she is in the pictures. Good Luck on the introduction to the boys!

Chandra said...

Dani, you crack me up! Your lil girl is so cute! Great April Fools joke! ha ha

Bradbury Bunch said...

April Fools to you missy! I'm going to really have to get you back for this!! :) Okay, we can still be friends I suppose! It actually was pretty good! I was trying to think of something to do to NIck. I was going to seranawrap the toilet, but decided I would probably be the one to have to clean it up....

Anyway, congratulations on your new ferrett! She is a cutie! Cuddle her up for us! :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm - that's really cool - 'course that is what I TOLD Mom you were talking about - I'm fine with this but YOU will have to fix it with Mom...

love,

dad b