Monday, April 20, 2009

What is it?

So!...
I was driving along a road, just outside the city, while looking around at houses. And I was driving by this pond (wildlife reserve?) alongside the road. When I saw something I just had to stop to take a picture of. Just so you know, Hal is really the photographer, I usually end up with blurry stuff... I have a hard time holding still...

But I took this:
You may want to click on it to blow it up bigger. See if you can see what's in the middle of the picture...




Just in case you can't tell, here's an zoomed in shot...

I came home absolutely ecstatic and dragged Hal out with me to see if it was still there. And we found this sign nearby: Great, huh?
I think its hilarious that they have to post things like this! How many people had to "annoy" an alligator before they decided to post a sign warning them not to? Hmmm...

I'm totally excited about this gator! I've always wanted to see one in the wild! I'd love to get up close and personal with one, but... somehow that doesn't seem quite safe... You know?

2 comments:

Chandra said...

No way! That's awesome!!! Who knew there were gators in Texas??

Gnarly Nick said...

Wow, you guys get to see some really cool stuff in Houston! Hope to visit you guys there some day.

-Nick