Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy November!!!

Hi ya'll!

So today I'm way excited! I found some houses that I want to buy!! I mean some literally. There's like 4 that I'm super interested in.

AND we got pre-approved for a home loan! yay!!! So, now I just have to pick the house I really want and say "This one!" and sit back and see if it'll happen... (and go to lots of meetings... and negotiate... and sign papers... and more papers... and we'll see what else...)

But I'm totally getting a house!!! Hopefully soon. We'll see.

AND we found this awesome craft store in town called "Hobby Lobby". They've got the coolest stuff! I love craft stores! I spent like 1 1/2 hours in it the other morning (no, I didn't buy anything, just wandered all over the entire store and saw everything!)


OK, so funny story: In our bathtub here in the hotel, there's one of those plastic non-slip liners glued to the bottom. Rocket (the skinny white ferret, who is very curious and hates water!) has decided to peel it up (he's got an entire corner dug up! Bad ferret!!!). So, to prevent him digging at it, I've started filling the tub with like 3-6 inches of water to keep him out of it. He HATES water. Bathing him is awful!!!
Anyways, usually when there's water in it, he'll jump up on the ledge of the tub, see the water and get down. Today, I'm not sure what happened, he must have slipped or something...

I was sitting out on our bed cross-stitching, and I hear a "splash" I'm like "oh no", so I get up and run into the bathroom to the sound of scratching, and splashing, and in general panic!!! (He was trying to jump out but couldn't because of the water.) I walked in to see him fly (he got out!) out of the tub onto the floor. He was sooo wet! and mad and oh so cute and funny!!!
"I told you to stay out of the tub!!!"
To make the whole matter more tramatic, I decided since he's already wet, I'd give him a bath, right there in the scary tub. Then I dried him off and set him free.
As a little side note, he's now terrified of the bathroom! He went in to use his litterbox (sitting in the corner of the bathroom) like 30 minutes later, got in there, remembered, and came tearing out of there! He won't even go into the bathroom now... tee hee...

Oh the joys of ferrets...
and of house hunting...

1 comment:

Bradbury Bunch said...

Hey! I'm waiting to hear about your house hunting.....I'm still waiting!!! Keep us posted and post pictures PLEASE OH PLEASE!! And drop a comment once in awhile too!! :) There, now is that too much to ask for?!?!? Good luck with the house hunt!!! Maybe Nick and I will take a road trip to Texas sometime!!

thebradburys.blogspot.com