Saturday, June 28, 2008

Archimedes!!!

"Something tells me you're all wet, Archimedes!" That's my thought of today!

He's a little camera shy... Can you tell? I love his little toes! His little back claws are too cute!

I named my turtle! I've finally picked a name! My brother Skyler and his wife Lacey were brainstorming ideas for me, and they came up with Archimedes! It's the name of the owl in "The Sword in the Stone", which Lacey and Abi had just watched. (And also just so happens to be one of my favorite movies ever!)

Well, needless to say, I love the name. So thanks for naming my turtle Sky and Lac! I'm so excited! I'm not entirely certain he knows I'm talking to him when I yell "Archimedes" at him, though...

I do have to say... I told a couple of the Laurels (I'm in Young Womens at church) that I'd named my turtle Archimedes. And I quote "That's the stupidest name for a turtle I've ever heard!"

So, I totally picked a good name!!! :)

4 comments:

Lacey Allen said...

Your young women are too young for Sword & the Stone.... it was a cool movie when we were young... I love it, and am glad you chose it. xoxo we are excited to see you in a few weeks!

david santos said...

Hello, Dani!
I loved this post. Very nice.
Happy day

Bradbury Bunch said...

I like the story about the YW!! I didn't know you were in YW! (Lucky girls!!)

I'm glad you found a name for your beautiful turtle, and that you're enjoying him everyday!!! Tell him hi for us!!

P-S Do you know this David Santos man? He left a comment on my blog too...kind of creepy!!

Lacey Allen said...

okay okay you have had this post up FOREVER.... I keep checking back and it hasn't changed. Come on already I want an update! See you next week.