Monday, June 2, 2008

New truck!

Hi all!
We got a new truck! Well, new to us anyways... We've been really frustrated since buying our house because we can't ever haul anything!
We bought a water heater, and Hal got one of the nice guys he works with to help us haul it home.
We borrowed a truck to go buy and bring our couch home.
We luckily crammed our new lawnmower in the back seat. And some wood... and a window... But it's always a tricky guess if things will fit in the car or not.

So, we decided now we own a house, we need a truck.
Since getting it, we've hauled home: a chair from Blaine (Thanks Blaine! We love it! It's so comfy!), and a dining room table, chairs, & cabinet set (2 trips). It's great! Nothing's too big for us... Well, sorta... I'm sure some things would be too big, but nothing we've tried yet!

Anyways, about our truck.
It's a Toyota T100 (Tacoma).
Isn't it pretty?! It's in great shape, too! It's got a bench seat thingy in back, the bed is in wonderful shape (it doesn't look like anything had ever been hauled in it!), automatic transmition, doors, and windows, 141,000 miles, and it's cute and comfy! I love it! And Hal loves it, too! What more can we ask for?

And now...
Funny story... I have been having some problems with the alarm... The remote has one button that locks/unlocks/sets of the alarm. To unlock, you push the button...
I'd push the remote button to unlock it and it would go nuts!!! The doors would start unlocking, and locking, and unlocking, and locking, and the alarm would go off, and then it would stop, and go off and stop... It was super embarrassing! It happened in front of the house a couple of times, once at work, and once in the Wal-mart parking lot... well... How embarrassing! I would just stand there mashing in the button and the alarm would turn off. And then it would turn on again... GRRRR!!! I'd just stand there feeling completely helpless while my car went nuts! I finally decided that my new truck hated me...

I told Hal about it, and he's like "It does what? Are you sure?" 'Cause he doesn't have problems with it. (Of course he doesn't! He's smarter than the stupid remote!!! Unlike me...)

Well, I finally figured out the problem. When I was pushing the button on the remote, I was pushing it in at an angle and one of the sides was getting stuck in (tucked under the plastic). That's the problem. User error! Once I figured that out: piece of cake! Works like a charm!

Tee hee... sometimes I feel like an idiot... But hey! If we can't crack ourselves up, what is there to laugh at?!
Smile!!!

3 comments:

Lacey Allen said...

Great story!!! I am glad you got it figured out, Sky's car used to do that to me and still does on occasion, and I get a little embarassed. :) I just jump in put the key in the ignition and the honking stops. Anyway~ I enjoyed your nice long post!

Lancaster's said...

Congratulations on your new purchases! The truck looks sweet!

Bradbury Bunch said...

CHA-CHING! I'M LOVIN' IT! I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A TRUCK FAN!!!! CHEERS TO THE NEW SET OF WHELLS, AND ALL THE FUTURE NIGHT CRUISES!!!! WHEN WE COME VISIT, CAN I PLEASE JUST DRIVE IT UP AND DOWN YOUR ROAD?!?!?