Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Guess what I've got now?!

I got a turtle! One of my Young Women has baby turtles and she gave me one!!! He's the cutest little ugly thing! I've always wanted a tiny turtle!!! Too bad he won't always stay this little... (Which reminds me of a question: Are turtles like goldfish? If you keep them in a small cage, they stay small and if they're in a big cage they grow bigger? Also, would that be completely inhumane?)

It's kind of a bad picture of him, but at least you can see the top shell! He was a little scared to be moved around so much... I think I could get a better picture of him now! He's a bit more well adjusted.

What should I call him?! I haven't been able to come up with a good turtle name yet... I kind of like Squirt, but that's totally straight out of Finding Nemo... hmm.... And he won't always be two inches big... Any ideas?!

3 comments:

Memorie said...

Leonardo, Donatello, Michaelangelo, or Rafael are my roomie's suggestions. She says he looks most like a Michaelangelo to her. :)

Lacey Allen said...

Otis... I would name him Otis.. The O is hard like O-tis

Bradbury Bunch said...

That is a pretty turtle! When I was a kid we had a turtle named Fred...but he only lived for 3 months...so that name might be a curse! :)

Good luck with the naming! I hope your ferrets don't get jealous! :)